Southeast Faith Leaders Network Climate Justice Training: Call for Applications
October 27 - October 29$100
GIPL is nominating up to three delegates to attend the Southeast Faith Leaders Network Climate Justice Training Sunday-Tuesday, October 27-29 at Christmount Retreat Center located near Asheville, NC. This training is a pre-event for a larger Southeast Faith Leaders Network event in 2020.
Applications are due by September 6, 2019. Participants will be notified of their selection the week of September 9. We are especially interested in faith leaders working for environmental justice.
Participants in this training can expect the following outcomes:
- Get oriented to faith-based resources for your climate justice ministry
- Learn best practices for climate justice organizing, including the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing
- Develop strategic relationships with fellow Southeastern faith leaders who are embracing a call to a vocation in climate justice ministry
- Be able to articulate ways fossil fuels and fossil fuel infrastructure pose a threat to your local community
- Gain and practice new skills for engaging with the media
- Access new climate justice leadership opportunities
The Southeast Faith Leaders Network will invest in taking your climate justice leadership to the next level. We ask you to invest three days of your time and a registration fee of $100. Aside from the registration fee, all expenses are paid. Apply today!
The Southeast Climate Action Faith Leaders Network is a collaborative effort building long-term grassroots power lifting up the principles and values of a just transition as we convene faith leaders throughout the Southeast region. As active member organizations of USCAN, we are putting our “Faith into Action” to address the causes and consequences of climate change as a moral imperative and to serve as visionaries in creating beloved communities.