“There is a River” Columbia Theological Seminary 2015 Creation Care Sermon Winner by Melissa Tidwell.
“Prayers for This Fragile Earth, Our Island Home” was a service in response to the BP Oil Disaster at St. Dunstan’s Episcopal Church Parish in Atlanta on June 13, 2010. Watch a video of The Rev. Patricia Templeton’s sermon here.
Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori’s Investiture Sermon reflects on the theological notions of home and the interdependent relationship between home and the issues of social justice and care of creation.
Hot and bothered: Facing Up to Global Warming, by Bill McKibben, July 11, 2006, gives some basics about the science of global warming and how the interfaith community was beginning to respond in 2006.
To Care For Our Earth, by Rev. Anthony David, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta, April 27, 2008. Rev. David has preached on creation care several times – check out the sermon archives at UUCA for more.
- Sample Sermons from IPL
- Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life
- Evangelical Environmental Network
- Environmental Stewardship Commission (Episcopal)
- Earth Ministry Sermons
- Creation Care for Pastors
- Greater Washington Interfaith Power and Light
- Iowa IPL’s 2010 Sermon Contest Winners
- Interfaith Service of Prayer & Witness for Climate Action
- Links to many sermons through GBGM
- National Council of Churches Eco-Justice Programs
- Season of Creation
- Earth Sermons
- Sermon Helps for Earth Day from OH-IPL
- “Beyond Earth Day: 10 Ideas for Environmental Advocacy and Activism in your Church” – article by Leah D. Schade